AVIC411.com

Understanding BlueTooth AND BTB200 Phone Compatibility

Hello,

I recently purchased an AVICD3 and BTB200. I originally bought a SAMSUNG T329 ( cheap $99 prepaid phone). The T329 did auto link and would dial via the D3, but would not allow any phonebook transfers at all. It was at this time I started researching and found :

http://www.bluetooth.com/Bluetooth/Lear ... erview.htm

I highly recommend spending 20 minutes reading about the Blue tooth profiles. Basically what I learned was I needed a phone that supported OPP Profile ( object Push Pull) and the SAMSUNG T329 only supported HFP and HSP ( Hands Free and Head Set profiles).

I ended up buying a NOKIA 5300 at T MOBILE for $199 ( $150 on Ebay).

The NOKIA 5300 auto links with AVIC D3 after it's paired and registered on AVIC D3, It also allows phone book transfer, but only one at a time by slecting the "Send business card" option. If anyone knows how to send the whole phone book on this phone, please let me know. The NOKIA 5300 also allows me to VOICE DIAL - although actually getting the rignt number dialed is a bit tricky. Also it will voice dial ANY contact in the phone, not just contacts that have been transferred to the AVIC D3.

Audio streaming also APPEARS to work as I know have a BT AUDIO source -- I HAVE NOT TRIED SENDING AUDIO TO HEADUNIT FROM PHONE YET.

RECAP:

SAMSUNG T329 -- AUTO LINKS NO PHONE BOOK TRANSFER AT ALL

NOKIA 5300 - AUTO LINKS - PHONE BOOK ENTRIES INDIVIDULLY TRANSFER - VOICE DIAL WORKS - BT AUDIO Uncertain as of yet