AVIC411.com

Pioneer Navi X930bt

Hey, I recently had a battery replacement and the main fuse had blown in the process. Navi unit is showing no signs of power and I've checked the car electrical fuse box for any broken fuses. None found. 

Any troubleshooting I'm completely overlooking here? Does the pioneer Navi have its own internal fuse?

6 hours ago, Gfirkser said:

Pioneer Navi X930bt

Hey, I recently had a battery replacement and the main fuse had blown in the process. Navi unit is showing no signs of power and I've checked the car electrical fuse box for any broken fuses. None found. 

Any troubleshooting I'm completely overlooking here? Does the pioneer Navi have its own internal fuse?

There's a 10A fuse on the back of the unit. If you don't have an installation manual, you should download one. AVIC-X930BT_InstallationManual040511.pdf

What is a "main fuse"?  You need to check check that both power wires have 12VDC (red=switched, yellow=constant). They would be on two separate circuits - so two fuses.  A voltage/multi meter would be useful.

However, I suspect someone screwed-up when replacing the car battery. Maybe + and - wires got switch or shorted. You don't normally blow a fuse when properly replacing a battery. If something did that, it could easily of fried sensitive electronics.

On 2020-04-13 at 9:14 AM, RonS said:

There's a 10A fuse on the back of the unit. If you don't have an installation manual, you should download one. AVIC-X930BT_InstallationManual040511.pdf

What is a "main fuse"?  You need to check check that both power wires have 12VDC (red=switched, yellow=constant). They would be on two separate circuits - so two fuses.  A voltage/multi meter would be useful.

However, I suspect someone screwed-up when replacing the car battery. Maybe + and - wires got switch or shorted. You don't normally blow a fuse when properly replacing a battery. If something did that, it could easily of fried sensitive electronics.

Oh the battery was definitely installed backwards! Ha. Ya o have to check if power is making it go the unit and then if the unit is toast. I just want to access the fuse first. 

21 hours ago, Gfirkser said:

I feeling dumb af. Couldn't find the fuse in the service manual,can't find out how to remove the unit, no vids online. Anyone?

All double-din units mount the same, but the trim removal for each model vehicle will be different. If it isn't obvious how yours is removed you'll probably need to post question on some forum for your specific make.