AVIC411.com

avh-w4400nex Groundhog Day

Greetings NEX community.

I have had my 4400NEX for a year and I mostly love it. I was disappointed that it only has Miracast, and Android does not want to play with that...meh.

I have scoured the Internet for an answer to this, so I am sorry if I didn't find where this has been answered, but as an overworked teacher, I may have missed it.

My in-laws borrowed my vehicle with the 4400 in it for a week. They are not music fans, so they would have turned the volume to zero on my HU and not used it. But they reported that one day they started my vehicle and the screen stayed black, never came on. The next time they started the vehicle, the HU came back on and booted up.

I got in the vehicle today, HU boots up, and it is playing Tool - Sober from Undertow at 4:41 from the SD Card. Each time that I press next track it stays within that album. I change the selection to All Artists and it randomly selects everything in my library, OK.

The next time I start the vehicle, the HU boots up and is playing Tool - Sober from Undertow at 4:41 from the SD Card. And this is every time. It also does not keep the face plate angle setting. Clock, background images, other settings are what they should be. 

I went in to Settings and selected a reset. Log back in, same story above. I turned off the vehicle, pressed the reset pin button, boot up the HU, log in, same above story.

I deleted the album Undertow from the SD Card, put it back in the HU and now it starts off on Dave Mathews Band - #34, the first song in my music list on the SD Card. Pressing next song goes down the list in order, it removed the random track selection, I turn random on and it works like it should. I cycle the vehicle power and it starts off on Dave Mathews Band - #34 with random track turned off.

On one hand, it is a couple button presses to get the settings back to what I want, the angle of the face plate back to what I want, but on the other hand I hope you agree that this is a pain in the rear and I would like it to remember my settings from use to use like it use to be.

Thanks for reading my lunacy....