AVIC411.com

Newbie question on 2 wire bypass and software update

I have been following this forum for several weeks and the information is great. However I have read so much I have managed to confuse myself! I have a Z-2 that was manufactured 06/07. My questions are: is the 2 wire bypass still required on the new units?; The 2 wire bypass instructions focus on the Z-1 are they the same for the Z-2. If the software update is required how do you unlock the hard drive? Also, is the Blue tooth update necessary? Thanks very for your feedback and patience> Yad

I dont think you need to unlock your hard drive for the Z-2...I think that is only for the Z-1....

Correct me if I'm wrong....

No, you can unlock both, and you may want to do so depending on your intentions. Many people unlock their drives mainly to increase the music partition. Others do so so that they can copy their drive image and then upgrade the drive to a larger/faster one, and again, increase the music partition and do whatever else they want to do to it.

Just depends on what you want to do.