AVIC411.com

Problems with maps in south florida?

Guest liquid2083

Guest liquid2083
Was just wondering if anyone who has a D1 in south florida is having problems with the maps being incorrect. So far im regretting the whole purchase, that I've had for about 6 months on this unit. Almost all the locations ive tried to find are in the wrong locations on the maps. I also got a copy of the new 2006 maps, but they didnt seem to update the new roads in the Sunrise/Plantation area and also a lot of wrong building location information in the Coral Springs/Margate area. Just wanted to know if anyone else was having this problem or if it could be my unit being defective.
I'm in Ontario, Canada and have the same problem. I upgraded to the 2006 disks and it turned out they were a "Downgrade". I lost all routing on all side streets. If I route to a POI, I'll usually get to withing several blocks of it, if it still exists of all. Nice hardware but the software is very disappointing. I wish I chose another unit.
  • 3 weeks later...
I've got several of my customers with the same complaint. It seems that some of the development plans weren't finalised when the gps mapping company built their database. Not Pioneer's fault, they don't build the map, they just use TeleAtlas' data, although it may be inaccurate.