AVIC411.com

Flasher not working in an 06 STi and Z! accuracy...

Just installed it this weekend and it is not bypassing the unit, everything is connected correctly. The only thing I can think of is that I unplugged the day time running light module, Do you think this would effect it?

Also nav does not seem to be accurate at all. Sometimes (most of the tiem) the cursor is 5-8ft behind where my acutal car is. For example I pas an intersection well before the cursor does. The GPS unit is mounted on top of my air conditioning vent right in the middle of the dash. Does it have to be moved father towards the front of the glass? Also If I do have to move it do I need the magnetic plate it comes with cause I doubt I will be able to remove it and re stick it.

Thanks for any information guys, I going to try and open the car up again tomrrow and fiddle with things.
OKay I saw the post here regarding the < not being dead on where the actual car is here....

[url=http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=153]http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=153[/url]

Ducatti this morning I turned my headlights on before I started the car, the Z1 was bypassed after this. I turned the headlights back off, turned the car off and then restarted, the Z1 was still bypassed. So I guess it works now? Any idea what the issue was/is?
[quote name="Anonymous"]Ducatti this morning I turned my headlights on before I started the car, the Z1 was bypassed after this. I turned the headlights back off, turned the car off and then restarted, the Z1 was still bypassed. So I guess it works now? Any idea what the issue was/is?[/quote]

Not really sure. Make sure you check it often when you start the car.

Hit menu on the front panel and make sure there are 8 buttons you can press. The right 2 are grayed out. That means it's working.

With the auto headlight module out and then back in I'm a little confused, but keep an eye on it and if it's unreliable let me know and we can trouble shoot it.
5-8 feet is [b]below[/b] the tolerance of GPS right now, so unfortunately that's the best you can hope for. In the big scheme of things, if you really didn't know where you were going, that would be pleny close enough to get you anywhere on the planet.