AVIC411.com

Cartronixplus.com?

I've seen a few references to cartronixplus.com while doing a search here. They seem to have one of the better deals on a new Z2. Unfortunately, I haven't heard of anyones experience dealing with them.

Has anyone ordered from cartronixplus.com? If so, how was it?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I bought my Z2 from Cartronix Plus and I would recommend them to anyone. I made my purchase in August 2007 and at the time they were the cheapest and seemed to be the best seller in that price range. I called first to be on the safe side and the customer service was great. My sales agents name is RAY. If you order from there ask to speak to him. Once you order from him, he'll cut you a deal on your next order. They offer a one year warranty on the unit and an extended 2 year warranty can be purchased for a total of three years coverage. My brother got his Z1 there last June. When his had problem, he sent it back and they didn't even try to repair it, they just sent him a brand new one at no additional cost!!! Go for it. :D

• 1 month later...

I bought my Z2 from cartronixplus.com as well. I'll describe the situation and you can come to your own conclusions.

I went to the website to order the unit. I couldn't find any information on whether or not the harness was included for my vehicle. Then the internet account registration crashed in my browser.

Undaunted, I called their number. They took my CC info. According to the rep, I was getting the last in-stock unit. I told them about my account creation issues, and they said they would fix it. Okay.

Wait two days, no shipping info. Check the website, my account is still borked. So I called. Several times. Finally, they called me back. Turns out my unit had indeed shipped, but was "destroyed in transit" with UPS.

Ooooookay. When will I get the new unit? They tell me a new shipment is coming in the next day. I tell them my account is still borked. They say that they'll take care of it. I wait.

Nothing.

I call again. Finally get an answer - shipment delayed. Okay. I wait some more. No dice. I call YET AGAIN. Shipment still delayed.

I wait MORE. At last, I call them, determined to get my $$$ back and cancel the order. They say they sent me tracking info the prior day (to the wrong e-mail address). Finally got the unit and installed it.

Was any of this drama their fault? If you believe them, no. If you're a skeptic like me, however, it is difficult to believe that they're victims of circumstance that many times in a row.

They: 1) never repaired my account - I still can't login, 2) told me I would get the unit by a certain time, which I did not, and 3) still have not corrected my e-mail address in their system after much prodding.

All that said, I got the system, brand new in box, and it works flawlessly. Next time, I'll pay a tad more and buy a little less drama.