AVIC411.com

Z2 Stupid Newbie question - Sorry

I have a 2006 Trailblazer SS. I have a Bose Nav unit and decided to outfit it with a JL Audio 5 channel amp and speakers. Before receiving all the parts I talked myself into an Avic....

I am having a hard time figuring out what I need. I want to retain as much stock functionality as possible. Dont mind paying for quality adapters to make it happen. So here is what I need.

* Steering Wheel controls to continue to work

* Chimes and anything else you can think of

* Would like it to connect to my OEM XM receiver and not buy the Pioneer if possible.

* I have an iPod Video I would like to use. Have a Neucleus adapter now which is pain. Want something better.

I have Onstar phone through verizon which I plan to cancel if the Bluetooth adapter to my Razr Maxx is a better deal. Want to make sure Onstar still works.

I think the only other option I want is the backup camera. My JL Audio 5 channel has sub inputs. Does the Z2 come with the harness for connection directly to sub?

Thanks in advance

Rich

• 1 month later...

Well, I just had it installed on an 07 SS Trailblazer. I didn't have the steering wheel controls so I don't know about that. I got the bluetooth adapter, it works pretty good with my Sanyo Katana, a little tinny, but no problem after you nget used to it. For XM I had to buy the adapter as that was the only way it would work. I also got the Ipod adapter. I don't know if any other ones work, but this wasn't very expensive and works great. The backup camera is pretty cool, but for the price plus a $60 install fee I'm not sure I use it enough. No wrecks so far though! It must work good. Of course, no wrecks before either. Also you will need the wire harness for the Trailblazer. Make sure it is the right one. There are three different kinds apparently. For Onstar and Bose to work you have to be sure o get the correct one. It was $149 for me at the install place. I didn't need the antenna adapter and everything works fine. The install took about 4 hours by a professional and cost me about $350 with the harness being another $149. It works pretty good though my house is too new for it to be on the map. Once in an area on the map it actually gives decent directions. The bluetooth works as good as the Onstar option, and Onstar in general is exactly the same. They had a hard time installing the camera in a protected place that got unobstructed view, they couldn't put it inside the window due to tint, so the put it underneath the trailer hitch, it works well enough. All in all I am still having a good time playing with it.

Yea have mine all done.

Used Pac OS-2 Bose, CM1 for chimes and PAC SWI-ps for steering wheel controls.

I am only having one issue that two other TBSS guys are having. The radio interface is messing with our Tire Pressure sensor system. Pac and Periphreal (which is the same device) are working on the problem.

So just a FYI if you have problems with your TPS system. Its NOT the sensors.

Here is my install

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

The tire pressure sensors are RF?

I'm no help....but from what little I know, and from what it sounds like....Is a resistance issue...The ECU wants a certain value, and the PAC is f'n up that value for some reason. Don't guess there is any way to bypass the PAC, just for the TPS?

Why on earth does the TPS tie into the HU anyways...just for the warning chime?

The tire pressure sensors are RF?

I'm no help....but from what little I know, and from what it sounds like....Is a resistance issue...The ECU wants a certain value, and the PAC is f'n up that value for some reason. Don't guess there is any way to bypass the PAC, just for the TPS?

Why on earth does the TPS tie into the HU anyways...just for the warning chime?

Its really not tied into the head unit exactly. Half the stuff in the truck is on a data bus. So it communicates via this "network" on the bus. The PAC is connected to the databus so it can get information. Mute, etc. Probably got a lot of info for the stock head unit.

Our TPS are smarter than that too. The dash shows PSI for each wheel.