AVIC411.com

Just got a n1 and having some problems...help!

ok so heres the deal....i bought a used n1 and installed it today but im having some difficulties with the navigation. its been loading everything very slow and sometimes doesnt even load a map and i havent even moved the car. i try to search an address and im unable to. i cant zoom or even save anything to memory and when i take the disc out it just goes to a blank screen with just the red triangle. the disc is a 40 series and a lil scratched up. i tried to do a force reset thing but i cant even get passed the 1st language part cause it says (ng) next to it. im thinking maybe the disc is garbage.. someone help please

yea my bad its grounded and can play dvds and nav while moving...its wierd cause its not like the buttons are grey...i can push the search address button and itll bring me to the next screen but if i try to change the area code itll just try loading and show just the background screen then go back to the nav. and with hitting the poi button it just goes straight back to the nav screen