AVIC411.com

BTB200 Transfer troubles

I just installed the BTB200 and Im havin trouble transfering my phone book on my cell to my AVIC D3. When I try to transfer its connects and does the pairing thing and ask's me to connect and I hit OK, it brings me right back to the pairing screen and I keep doin the same thing over and over again but no transfer. I got a LG Shine AKA LG 8700. New phone out. Any suggestions pls?

Unfortunately, it's not a very intuitive process and there are differences in how the phones work. With my Motorola v551, I put the D3 in "Phonebook Transfer" mode, then ***from the phone***, push each entry in one at a time. I couldn't get them all to go at once. With a newer phone you should be able to send them all at once. By push, I mean, select the entry on the phone and find how to send that entry to a bluetooth device (Pioneer BT Unit should appear as a choice on your phone).

Look in the manual on your phone under Bluetooth details. Most Bluetooth phones at least support GAP, HFP, and HSP. These are the profiles associated with your average headsets and hands-free applications. There are lots of others, many of which relate to computer functions (Fax, Dial-Up Networking, FTP, etc.). You should be able to find a listing of supported BT profiles in your phone's documentation.

I'm not 100% positive that OPP is what allows phonebook transferring, but I do know the Pioneer CD-BTB-200 utilizes OPP, and the only phones I've seen that I've been able to transfer phonebooks on had OPP capability.