AVIC411.com

Please help with rear view camera wiring.

Hi, I finally replaced my stolen Z1 with a Z2 and this time I installed it myself. Heck all the hard work was done, just needed to reconnect wires. But I do have a question about my review camera. I do not have the model number, but when the unit was stolen 1 of 3 wires were cut and I have no idea what it is for. So, I have 3 wires coming from the rear camera.

1) the cut stranded wire ( i believe this is video)

2) a what appears to be a mini stereo jack or ear phone jack

3) i can not recall, but it was not cut

The reason why I believe #1 was video because I am missing a RCA video jack for the video input, but before I go and attach a new plug I just wanted to see what you guys thought or knew what the 3 wires are if that is standard for a rear camera?

Thanks in advance,

Howard

okay, So I investigated a little more, the 3 wires are such. 1 cut wire which I found that to be the video, it had the ground and the video wire twisted together, but when I stripped it a further I saw fresh wire, and re-connected a RCA jack and it worked.

#2 wire- long 2-3 foot stereo right angled jack

#3 wire mini male connector

Anyone know what the #2 and #3 wire are, right now they are not connected.

Also when I put the car in reverse the image is there, but when I put the map mode in rear mode to watch the trailer and such, there is not image. Any suggestions on that.

Thanks