AVIC411.com

Hello guys

very nice website, i have learned alot just by surfing and seaching keep up the good work....

my question is

why do i have to raise the volume level so high in order to get decent sound from my speakers?

example: i was listening to Kanye West album today, if volume level is between 0 and 15 i can barley hear anything. i can hear it nice at about volume level 30.

is this normal? what can i do to adjust the volume level without going to levlel 30....

thanks

Also if you're using an external amplifier for your speakers, the amplifier's gain setting will affect the speaker's volume at any given volume on the head unit.

Also, some factory amped systems affect the D3's output volume.

And of course the speakers, factory versus high power aftermarket plays a huge role in the volume of the system.

Also if you're using an external amplifier for your speakers, the amplifier's gain setting will affect the speaker's volume at any given volume on the head unit.

Also, some factory amped systems affect the D3's output volume.

And of course the speakers, factory versus high power aftermarket plays a huge role in the volume of the system.

wow ok usefull info

i wil look into my amp gain and see

thanks for the replys guys

I would set the D2's volume at 3/4's of the max volume (around 46 if the max is 62) and then raise the amps gain level(s) until you start to hear distortion, then back the gain down a little. This gives you a wider range when adjusting the volume, but still leaves room to turn it up a little bit more for those few songs that seem to be a little quieter than the others.