AVIC411.com

installing D3 in 05 Pathfinder with BOSE

Metra makes an adapter that lets you run an aftermarket head unit with your factory speaker/amp setup. Tell them to use that, if they say they can't or that that part doesn't exist, tell them you don't want their business and go somewhere where they will do what you want instead of trying to sell you stuff you don't need.

thanks, i think this is the part i need,metra harness 70-7551,except thats for infiniti, not sure if there is a different one for nissan, the car is currently at the shop gettin a overhead monitor put in, should i just ask for this part and try the install myself since they're tryin to jive me?

the only thing i think might be hard is running the cable from the back of the d3 to the dropdown monitor..

Yeah' it's the same part for the nissan. But honestly, I wouldn't let them do anything on my car if they thought I was some kind of sucker and tried to make a quick buck off me like that. Any reputable shop would know of one if not more companies that make an adapter for your application. If they've already got it apart tell them to use the part from metra. If they say no, tell them to put your car back together and go somewhere else. Or if you feel confident in your abilities, have them install the monitor and run the wire to where the D3 will go, and install the D3 and adapter yourself.