AVIC411.com

Bad display readout??

I recently bought an avic-n2 as an open box item at a retail store, and did the bypass on it myself. Then I hooked it up and it worked great in my car (04 Honda Civic) for about 3 weeks. Next thing I knew I had to be closer and closer to the car for the remote lock to open. After that, the display showed jibberish on screen (when closed only.. the main display was fine.) I then disconnected everything and checked all my wiring, which seemed to be ok, and reconnected everything. After that, NOTHING worked.

My car locks only worked when the car was running, along with my dome lights not automatically coming on when the door was opened. I went to a Circuit City store and had a friend check it out, who told me that my main power line wasn't giving constant power. He found an unused line giving sufficient power and routed it behind my dash, then everything worked again - with the exception that the display on my head unit was still mostly unreadable (when closed).

Did something get damaged inside the unit when it wasn't receiving enough power, or could the bypass I did be affecting this somehow (I soldered a short wire between the two necessary points.) Other than that, is there something else I can check to fix this problem? I also have an iPod interface hooked up. Everything works beautifully, except that display. It's sort of a small problem, but I want it all to work correctly. :evil: