AVIC411.com

Power for BT & Sirius receiver

Howdy,

Just installed a D3 in my Saab 9-2X. Everything went in pretty easily, mostly due to the great info I got lurking here. I also did the bypass and it worked as advertised (my unit was manufactured Aug 07).

I also have the Bluetooth unit and a Sirius receiver, but I haven't hooked them up yet because I haven't figured out the best way to power them. Is it OK to tap off of the 12V constant wire that feeds the D3? I don't know how much draw the components have so I don't know if that wire can handle it.

If that's not a good idea, does anyone have any suggestions for where else to get 12V in a 2005 Saab 9-2X/Subie Impreza installation.

Thanks for all the great info!

I haven't hooked up my VSS yet, wanted to see if it did OK without it. From reading some other posts here it doesn't sound like it is that critical. On the test drive last night it seemed to work fine without it, but I don't know if it will make a difference long term.

If you can't find the location of your VSS wire here, there's got to be a forum out there for your model. Find it and dig through the archives, I think anybody who installs anything like this wants to know where it is and it has probably been discussed.