AVIC411.com

july 2007 avic-z2

ok i want to start by saying thank you to all on this forum. since i bought mine and installed it i have beeen reading this forum to try to get educated and i must say a monster is created. this is what i have and what i want to do. i have been reading and reading until my head hurts and i am not sure of what to do.

my unit

july 2007

ver 02.0000

cddb 07-0-0010

did the update to

platform 2.000500

gps ver 1.200000

hdd 2.14000

also did the 2 wire bypass and everything worken fine.

what i want to do is upgarde the hard drive for speed and more storage. but dont want to mess with the drive in it so if i ever need to i can put it back to stock, make sence.

so i need the image but cant seem to find a good link or a link with the same version i have.

i also want to change the pioneer splash screen witch i think is possible.

any help??

thank you in advance.

Best way to do it is to unlock your current drive and copy the image onto a new one. Check the other threads for known good drives that you can upgrade to without freezing issues.

You can change the splash screen without any hacks. Check the manual for how to load an image from a CD.

i am downloading a z2 image right now. will pick up a new drive(MK6034GAX) monday and get it loaded on the new drive. i will increase the music partition but is there anything else i should do before i finish to install the image and is there any way that i can mess up my z2 by doing all of this??

thank you in adavnce

thank you for all the info Hyperite.

i think i am read up good enough to do all of this, i do however want to know if i should do anything to the image before putting it on the new drive. ie backgrounds spalsh screens etc etc.

also on a side note i could have sworn i read that the ilumination could be change to match the stock dash color. i have read and went threw all the screens on the z2 and cant find this feature anywhere. am i missing it or is this not possible???