AVIC411.com

upgrade problems with avic-8DVD / AVX-P7000CD

Hello form France,

first, nice to see a forum that might help me with may car navigation system.

I have an avic-8DVD with AVX-P7000CD (NOT a touch screen) and my CNDV10 V1.0 is not working properly due to several scratches on disk.

Thus I wanted to upgrade to new CNDV and Pioneer France told me that i can use CNDV-40R. So I found one to test but it doesn't work : "please insert appropriate disk". I tried both DVD-R DL and DVD+R DL burning processes and it is the same.

As reported by several forum users, I also tryed to use the hard menu test with the passwword and went to the program force write (System - english - DVDCD) but it says: "the program is not in the selected media, return to menu after 2 secondes". I tried with CNDV 40R burned on both DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL.

As it was not possible to install upgrade CNDV 40R application system as mentioned above, I tried to put it back the original scratched DVD (CNDV10) but the result was the same : it says "the prog is not in the selected media"....I don't understand as I place it on the compartment...

So, As nothing was possible and as there was a lot of POI recorder on my systemn memory I decided to only erase the backup memory and it was not a good initiative.

My system is not working anymore.

Now, he asks me while loading : first "disk check" witch is normal but afetr few 10th of seconds He told me "please eject cartography disk and replace it with application disk" but I only have 1 DVD and i thought application disk was also on it.

My system was before unstable due to scratches, now it is definitly not working anymore. Crying or Very sad

Could it be the possible to find a solution and for example can i find the application data which could be copy on my PC-Card for hardware initialization program force write but PC-card instead of DVD). And, in a second step the cartography DVD that fit to my system ?

I really need help, hope to hear you soon

Thanks in advance

emeric