AVIC411.com

Integrated Solution (Z1) vs. Component Solution (Kenwood)

Ok, have been absolutely impressed with the Pioneer Avic-Z1 (even with some of the nits I've read). Even though it's not approved for installation into my vehicle, I understand it will fit with a little elbow grease. To a degree, I understand that asking this audience (who have presumably already chosen the Z1) to provide guidance on whether or not an integrated solution like the Z1 is better than, say, a Kenwood pieced together system that will do all the same stuff, is probably not going to net me any "Ah, man, I wish I woulda' gone the Kenwood route . . . "

But I'm asking all the same. The one area where the Kenwood solution actually appeals to me is security / theft. I mean, the Z1 (being integrated and quite physically obvious) pretty much screams "steal me!", whereas the Kenwood units (pop-out screens, various module placements) fly a little lower on the RADAR and should be a bit tougher for a criminal to: 1) notice, 2) yank ALL of the various components (they'd need to find everything first).

So . . . thoughts?