AVIC411.com

Upgraded flex cable, new problem!! HELP

Hello all, been having a great time reading a lot of the posts on the forum. Never felt a reason to post but have read alot.

Anyway, I did the Flex cable upgrade about 6 months ago and everything has been great. Shut the unit off as usual when I got home. The next day started my truck, the screen slid out but the monitor is black. The blue LEd is on but none of the functions work either, I have tried turning things on with the remote and nothing, no response no beeps. Checked in line fuse, it's ok. Took unit out hoping to take it apart and see if their is a fuse inside but can't figure out how to get it apart.

Any help would be great.

• 2 months later...

Well I ended up sending it back to Pioneer along with a huge bitch out letter stating my displeasure about having to send the stereo to them for the third time. :evil: Well got my radio back about a week later all fixed up, new flex cable, new coolent fan and the toggle switches all tightened. And no charge, just the hassle of taking it out and sending it them.

• 3 months later...

you got them to replace the cooling fan?

Is the replacement fan by chance any quieter than the original? My AVIC-N2 failed today, and I'm going to have to send it in for the flex cable replacement. I would love to have them replace my cooling fan too... since day 1 it has sounded like a hairdryer running in my dashboard. Pioneer claimed this was normal.