AVIC411.com

2007 WRX AVIC-D3 success!

Ive posted a few times and gotten some great help!! finally got my unit wired up well and just wanna share the knowledge if anyone is havin problems installing in an 07 WRX. Things that seem to have worked well so far:

Bypass

VSS found under passenger seat (great picture on here!)

Sirius Radio

Just wanna give a little back :)

1) Pull up the carpet on the passenger side (pop up two plastic, grey, round holders) and Ive found it easier to pop out the plastic guard on the bottom of the door rail (where the carpet meets the bottom of the door frame)

2) you will see a large metal plate (~1.5 sq ft) with 3 bolts and 1 nut (located higher up towards the front), take those out

3) the wire you will want to tap is clearly illustrated here http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... hlight=wrx and is what i used to tap my 07 LTD WRX. It was weird at first it was reading 2x my actual speed then "learned" the correct correlation to the voltage signal...nice :)

4) of course tap with one of those crimp wire connectors

NOTE: be VERY careful when exposing enough wire to tap...i used a razor blade and tried to approach cutting back some of the electrical tape from a surgeons perspective...dont wanna be cutting any of those wires!!! $$$

i took pics but cant post em...if you need more help PM me