AVIC411.com

Noise, computer maybe?

bump? What's that mean? Got me curious...

But anyways, I personally can not use ground loop becasue the design of the specific amp I have. They say that using ground loop can cause damage to the amp.. as it is removing the gound/neg from rca's and the amp is looking for neg from the rca's. If it doesn't find it in the rca's it will look to take it from somewhere else. I just tried doing a suggestion that was made to me earlier this week by a guy that is savvy with all this electronic stuff., which was to ground the amps in the back directly to the battery.. But that didnt work either. I'm gonna try upgrading rca cables and if all else fails I'll bring it in to shop to have them check all grounds in/coming from the engine/battery/alternator. It has been stated by a number of people that pioneer has issues with their rca's outputs, it was clear to me just that when I grounded the rca's it cleaned up the noise by apprx 85-90 %. But there is still the 10-15 % I'd like to rid of.... Any help is appreciated...

Thanks

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bump is a way of moving a thread to the top of the stack without sending a blank reply. That is all. It happens a lot on other boards.

I am getting a JL audiop 4 channel amp next week to replace the POS planet Audio I have that just fried my Z@ by grounding itself back through the RCAs. I turned on my truck and it sounded like a gun going off through the speakers and the Z2 was fried. It started humming and frying and stuff. the GPS works.

Geeze I cant imagine going through something like that... But I bet that might be simliar to what USAmps is talking about when they say it is potentially damaging if I use a ground loop... thus making the amp needin/looking for a ground somewhere if it's not coming through the rca's... It confuses me a bunch, but I'm just gonna listen to them and not use one...

Here's the story from my testing today... and I have kind of narrowed it down to being the amp, versus the rca's... but as I just typed that... I might be wrong...

I actually have two (2) AX-TU4360's, 1 of them is with crossover and one is not. The one w/o xover is one of their older models, the 4360 (maybe when still in FLA) and the one with Xover, the 4360C, is when they are out in CA (I believe).. well anyways, I removed the 4360C this afternoon and replaced it with the 4360 and low and behold no engine noise... that can be 1 of 2 things I guess... My first thought is the amp... which it is by reasonaing... but it just might that the 4360 handles the poor rca outs better than the 4360C... so it's the amp... but in the long run, if the rca's didnt have that hum coming from them it wouldn't matter what amp was there... i guess. if i am diagnosing it correctly.

Unfortunate thing is I have recently put the 4360 up on the Bay to sell, since I recently purchased the 4360C so I could consoladate a bit and get rid of the crossover, and older amp 4360... kind of out with the old in with the new. Now I am kind of regretting it... The older amp not only just sounds better, warmer, fuller and such, but it also handled the engine whine/rca outs better, thus making it a better choice all around. I am debating about pulling it off the bay, as I may decide to keep it, but then I'd have to try to sell the newer one. just headaches all around. Don't get me wrong though the 4360 (older amp) still has a little engine whine but nothing near than what I'm dealing with on the 4360C. I also have a line driver and if i turn up the gains on the line driver on the 4360 I can still get a pretty good engine whine out of the rca's, but I have to try hard to do so... i.e. turn all the gains up, and that probably isn't ideal anyways. SO if i set the gains to where they should be minimal minimal engine whine... But I know it wont last as it is for sale and will be finished in a couple of days. maybe sell both and find another make of amp... But I also have a 1000C that is out on warranty, and I suspect I will be dealing with the same once that gets put back in... Headaches headaches headaches!!!