AVIC411.com

Ipod VIDEO problems.

Have an AVIC d-3 and cannot get videos from the ipod to play, ipod plays music and everything fine, but wont play videos from it. Says to use the ipod interface or something like that. Mind you I get the Audio from the video the ipod is trying to play, but just a black screen on the avic d-3

thanks in advance!

I am having the same issue with my new video nano. When i turn on video output and the go choose the video i want to watch it comes to a screen that shows the cable and says please connect ipod to accessorie or something like that. if i dont have video output turned on and go choose the a video i get audio but no video.

I am having the same issue with my new video nano. When i turn on video output and the go choose the video i want to watch it comes to a screen that shows the cable and says please connect ipod to accessorie or something like that. if i dont have video output turned on and go choose the a video i get audio but no video.

I'm getting the exact same thing with my new Nano. I've updated to the latest firmware which is supposed to enable this functionality, but no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

O, this is for the new iPods. There is a post on here that says there is a round about way to get the video going on the D3 with the new ipods. Something about going to the video tab on the D3 with the ipod screen, then select a video from the ipod, then unplugging the ipod, and then plug it back in. I'm not sure if that's all to it. I have the 5th generation, and don't have to hassle with any of that.

O, this is for the new iPods. There is a post on here that says there is a round about way to get the video going on the D3 with the new ipods. Something about going to the video tab on the D3 with the ipod screen, then select a video from the ipod, then unplugging the ipod, and then plug it back in. I'm not sure if that's all to it. I have the 5th generation, and don't have to hassle with any of that.

Yeah, It is a bit of a hassle, but I knew about the workaround and it wasn't working for me. But of course, Now that I posted this I decided to try it again while I was in my car earlier and it works perfect now. Not sure what I'm doing differently, but whatever.... As long as it works.

Well, I made the mistake today while downloading some video files to my iPod of updating to firmware 1.0.3 which seems to have broken the video output again. I get audio but no video and instead of playing the video I selected, it just begins playing the first one. I don't get it. I wish I had bought on of the 5.5 gen iPods when they were still available brand new.