AVIC411.com

largest HD for Z2

I don't know if anyone has figured out how to do that yet....I think the reason why, is because it would be a PITA to do...from what little I tried, ripping them Pioneers way is 10x easier...

Besides....I doubt they have 300gb drives that will fit...The Avics drive is the low profile style HDD, non-like most laptop drives...Or at least I had a have a handfull of laptop drives, and none of them fit...So I just went went the Toshiba 60giger....From what's been posted, there nothing wrong with the Toshiba 80gig either....

That would be the easiest.

Otherwise, think the Avic converts the music into Atrac(.at3). So you would have to convert all of your music to the Avic's format. Then you would have to figure out how the vic stores the music, or how it creates/stores/reads playlist.

I tried it using some pointers from a PSP(recognizes .at3) hacking site, where they were finding ways to customize the music in certain games. SO I converted a couple of songs...I moved the actual songs to the right director in the MSV partition, but I couldn't get to those songs within the Avic's GUI...I'm guessing that they are using several directories to store playlist info...(msv/hold/music/apl01)

I'm sure that it can be figured out....but sticking the disc in and letting the Avic convert, store, and creat playlist is so much easier.

I have been trying to let people know that anything bigger than 40GB is pretty much useless.

The Z series can only hold 400 items in any playlist. That means you can only store 400 albums which equate to about 20GB of music.

I guess if you really pushed it and burned 400 CDs to the max on each one you might get to 25GB.

You also CANNOT copy your mp3s from your computer to your avic HDD. Converting them to .at3 will not work either.

Good luck.