AVIC411.com

Everything is installed

Hi all,

Even though no one responded to my questions, I'll leave that to people just being busy for the holiday season. I finished installing my system. I have a new N3 brain with a freshly referb N2 head unit, with all the paperwork to prove it. It wasn't a problem, for all you guys who try the N2 head unit and N3 brain. No need to upgrade anything. I just put the 70 disks in and it updated it all on it's own. I also put XM with traffic and an Ipod adaptor. All work great. Love the Nav with traffic. NY can be crazy. I went to a local radio installer in NY and had them do the bypass thing on the board. It was past my soldering skills. In fact after seeing what gets done, there is no way I could put a wire as small as a hair between both contacts and then solder them. It was worth the $20 buck. Oh also the N3 interface is great. The Ipod rules. XM rules.

Now to install my 6600 with the Avic 88 in my truck. That will be this weeks after work job. I also updated that unit with the 70 disks. Works well and looks better that the 40's that it came with. I will miss having my daughter watching a movie while the nav is telling me in the back round what to do. But the commuting is more important.

We really need to get this board to help each other out. I'm new to here, but I am a member of a forum for Diesel mercedes, Diesel Fords, Saltwater reef tanks, PPC phones, Rottweilers, Coffee machines, and every question I ever posted was answered in hours if not a day. Here. nothing. Well I will post as much as I learned when I learn it. Right now I do know that the 70 MT disk are very easy to copy. Just have a dual layer dvd burner. Download Alcohol 120. Make a back up image file. Then Burn that file with Alcohol 120 as much as you want. They work fine. I have the Master copy at home so it won't get scratched up and put the copies in the N3 and the Avic 88. Both copies work great. Hope to get to know all of you people better. Love the AVIC's

Robert

PS. A question....I took a trip today to Long Island from upstate where I live. The Nav took me a crazy way. I had it with no options and also had it set to the quickest. It took me a way that I never took before and I thought...OK let me try. It was the most backwards way ever. And coming home, it had me turning on streets that you can't turn on. Any help would be great.

Later,

Robert