AVIC411.com

1999 Honda Civic Hatchback

Hi Everyone,

Just got my Avic-D3 and was going to attempt my install this weekend. Just had a few questions with respect to the VSS and Reverse Lights.

Well I had seen a post on this forum about where to find the VSS Wire using a website. I did and got a print out but am still not totally clear as to where I can find it. I've seen another post to look at the Cruise Control module, but I do not think my GF car has CC.

For the reverse lights is there any place I can go get the signal without really undoing to many interior panels, like right off the fuse box or underneath the dash.

Also I was wondering for the Reverse Lights and VSS Pioneer supplies what looks like T-Taps. Should I use those or peel off a little bit of the unsulation on the wires and solder it then tape it(without cutting any of the wires off course)?

Any other helpful tips for this installation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

vss BLUE/WHITE PASS FIREWALL 3 PIN CONN TOP TRANSAXLE

The harness for the cruise control module may still be in the vehicle. It'll be a gray harness taped up above the fuse box under the driver's side. Same color

Reverse is green/black in the driver's kick harness going to the back of the car.

The method you mention for tapping the wiring is the best method of making the connections.

Would you be able to access the reverse lights without removing the kick panel on the drivers side?

No. It's not that hard to take out.

Also for tapping into the wire i am assuming you were talking about soldering the wire as being the better way to do it?

Yup

Thanks

Jason