AVIC411.com

Microphone Volume with phone

Did you turn the BT volume on your phone all the way up when you initially paired the phone? Normally the issue is that you can barely hear others. And by making sure that you have the BT volume up when you pair it, will fix that issue. Also make sure that your Avic's volume(both phone volume and volume volume) is turned up when you pair them. This may help with the mic volume, and it also may make others too loud, but there is a volume setting in the phone menu for other's voice volume.

Of course mic location is an important factor...But I would think 18" is plenty close.

I hope that this makes a little sense....reding it confuses me...and I typed it.. :?

I hope that this makes a little sense....reding it confuses me...and I typed it.. :?

Thats never a good sign. Haha

I will try pairing it again with volume up on Z2. Are you saying turn the volume up on my Razr as well? There is no mic/output volume on the phone.

Yeah...there should be a setting for the BT...or "hands free" volume...

You'll probably have to do a reset on the Avic before you pair it again. It's the only way to clear your phone from it's memory. But the idea is to make it as loud as possible, then if it's too loud, use the phone volume setting in the Avic's phone menu to lower it.

Also make sure set the setting to mute everything for phone calls. I think i helps for the noise cancellation...Or at least it seemed to help for me.

I wouldn't beat yourself up over my suggestion...It's kinda a shot in the dark...I had an issue where I could barely hear other people...and was given the same advice...So it may or may not work...

I think I recall you having a Trailblazer SS?

I'll just put it out there, that my factory mic is nearly directly above my head in the head liner(03 Silverado SS)...I popped the mic/speaker out of the glue....pushed it over to the side a bit, and squeezed the Avic mic in it's place....It seems to do pretty good. People say that they can tell that I'm in my truck, but can hear me pretty good...better yet, there is no visible mic...

I wouldn't beat yourself up over my suggestion...It's kinda a shot in the dark...I had an issue where I could barely hear other people...and was given the same advice...So it may or may not work...

I think I recall you having a Trailblazer SS?

I'll just put it out there, that my factory mic is nearly directly above my head in the head liner(03 Silverado SS)...I popped the mic/speaker out of the glue....pushed it over to the side a bit, and squeezed the Avic mic in it's place....It seems to do pretty good. People say that they can tell that I'm in my truck, but can hear me pretty good...better yet, there is no visible mic...

Yes, its a trailblazer SS. You can see it here http://ss-shootout.com/mytruck.html

My factory mic is still in use for onstar. The Avic Mic is just to the left of the mirror. As a test today I moved forward and spoke almost directly into the element. The improvement was only slight.

I am thinking about moving the mic into a more permanent built in location but want to get it working of course. I might try some PC microphones to see if they improve things.

Thanks !

Rich