AVIC411.com

Can I assign voice to phone numbers?

I have an el'crapola Iphone that can't push the contacts over to the Z2...So I hve to enter them in manually...When I press for new contact...It ask me if I want to assign voice recognition to it....So yes you can...But since mine isn't pushed over to the Avic, I couldn't tell you how to do it in your scenario

Yes you can...

The Z2 has a Phone Book and a Address Book...

Example 1.

If you use the Address Book.

Lets assume you uploaded your phone numbers from your phone to the Z2, and you have all these entries in the book.

When using Voice controls you would have to say.

Call...

Telephone Book...

Then say the persons name.

Then you have to push the voice button for it to make the call.

Example 2.

Use the menu, and search for a friends address as if you are going to navigate there.

Once you have that location identified, save it to the address book.

Then update what you just saved with a new icon, and phone number, and a new name. It will default to a street name when saving.

Now once you have updated the name, added a phone number, you can do the following.

Call Mary Beth

You will get a response to press the button and the calls is made.

So personally after using the Z2 for a while, I am gradually moving my numbers in the phone book to the address book to make phone calls, its much quicker. The only think I wish was a way to not have to keep pushing the button to make the final call. I wish there was a voice command that it would just make the call.

Also... the names you enter are not always spoken by the voice recongniton software as spelled. So sometimes you have to update the voice field to a spelling that sounds right, but spelled wrong.

It's fun to play around with this to get it to say the right thing.

Hope this helps someone,

Keith