AVIC411.com

Please help! Avic Z2 and Evo, No Sound

I got the orbital double din, installed everything and have put the harness into the Avic Z2 and I get no sound out of my speakers... There are two things that were plugged into the back of the original infinity system... One of which is a single black audio cable that I've plugged into the the back of the Avic, the other one there isn't a spot for, but I was told it wasn't necessary. What am I doing wrong or how can I fix this??? Thanks Matt

PS (I tried my stock headunit and when (harness, single black cable and other plug) are in it works)

You will rpobrably have to do a little searching because one of those wires is to turn on your factory amp. It's more than likely going to need a switched 12v source and then you will have sound.

If you are giving your amp speaker level inputs it may sound like sh*t and the volume may be very sensitive. If this is the case wire in the front and rear outs instead.