AVIC411.com

CD-R55 Remote

Thanks for everyone's help :roll:

Nah, it's all good. I'm only joking around.

I went ahead and ordered the remote from Crutchfield because of their 30-day money back guarantee and their no-questions-asked refund policy. I got it from the outlet store for $13.69 and used coupon PA145 to waive the shipping charges. As a testament to their great customer service skills, they applied the coupon AFTER I ordered, when I called them to see if I could use it.

I ordered it on Saturday and received it today (Monday, Christmas eve) amidst the heavy package traffic surrounding the holidays. Granted, I'm located in the same state as their headquarters, but still, they did a great job.

Although Pioneer's tech support says that the CD-R55 won't work the Z1, I have no problems with it. You can pretty much use all the buttons for DVD playback. However, I was disappointed with the audio controls. You're pretty much limited to the joystick. Up and down switch between folders and left and right advance or reverse the tracks. As far as I could tell, there are no simple functions such as play, pause, ff, or rew you can access from the remote.

Other keys such as source, mute, and volume work fine.

I have the switch on the left side set to "AVH," even though the instructions say to have it set to "A/B" when using a Nav. I have no functionality when it's set to "A/B."

If anyone is going to order the remote from Crutchfield, I have some referral codes. Just PM and I think you can get $20 your first purchase.

Please, don't support these a$sholes selling the CD-R5, the original remote for the Z1, for prices of $40 and upwards.