AVIC411.com

Motorola Droid works great with D3

• 2 weeks later...
That's all.

Pairing worked great. If you haven't bought a Droid, and were concerned about it, it's a non issue.

I even piped the Google Map nav audio over BT.

Is it still connecting ok for you? Did you have to do anything special to get it to connect? I haven't tried it yet since I don't have the Droid yet but want to make sure it works before I get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally sovled the problem....I can now transfer contacts, and the phone auto-reconnects....but voice dialing over BT not yet an option (BTW has always been an issue with the d3).

Here's what worked....

First I installed the free app "Bluetooth File Transfer" for the droid

Next...

D3 has a problem with the phonebook function (contact transfers) if the BT Audio is simulatneously connected.

I cleared all the entries on the headunit with the existing droid-d3 pairing

I unpaired the phones and deleted the registered phone entries...

I opened the connection and made the doid discoverable... prompted to enter passcode 0000.

When the phone was connected I made sure it was registered in THE FIRST SLOT

(I have come across a number of threads with different phones where auto-reconnect seemed to only work if the phone was registered in slot #1).

I then selected the bluetooth settings on the DROID and press down and held the pioneerBT device and selected "options" from the flyout menu. I then DISABLED Media Profile (this is critical) and allowed the phone to reconnect to the d3.

At this point I selected "phonebook transfer" and the unit sat and waited for me rather than disconnect...on the phone i used the free app "Bluetooth File Transfer" program and selected the menu key on the droid. This brings up the option to "send contacts".

I selected the contacts that I wanted to upload and the process completed without a problem.

Next I unpaired the phone (this is critical) and made it discoverable...the droid then paired with both the Phone and Media profiles enabled...now it works like a charm!!!

I have not had any issues with the phone not autoconnecting.

I have had two BT-related issues. One is BT audio sometimes stutters. This is a known issue among users, but there's no response from Motorola on it. This only seems to affect BT music.

The other is that when I place or receive calls, a few times, there's no BT audio coming from the DX3, even though the pairing is alive. My first Droid had this happen about 1/3 of the time. It's happened one so far since I swapped it out 2 weeks ago.

It's not unreasonable that there were more than a few bad models in earlier batches. I ended up getting mine replaced for other issues. I may swap once more just to reduce variables.

For both phones though, I only had to pair once.

As for BT contacts, Android 2.0 does not support beaming BT contacts out of the box. But this is supposed to be fixed in a OTA upgrade on Dec 11.

• 2 weeks later...

I still have issues with my Droid and voice dialing with my D3. It plays music just fine, but trying to make a phone call just doesnt work. It connects, but I get no sound and then the phone resets. I have had 4 Droids and they all do the same thing. People over at the Droid forums suggest its a Pioneer issue. It worked just fine when I had the Storm 1 and Storm 2. Any suggestions? :(