AVIC411.com

wire clarification

i would like to clarify a few connections from a cheapo xovision touch screen into a 97 maxima. i have already the metra harness and the antenna adapter. is the radio pink wire "lamp in" from the picture below suppose to connect to the illumination wire harness "Red/Blue" or the dimmer wire "Red/Orange" or none. leave the pink wire alone?

from the xovision head unit, there are 2 ground black wires on this radio. the braking brake brown wire needs a ground connection and i think reverse gear orange wire needs a ground connection as well. can i connect all 4 wires together into one large wire and connect onto a bolt or nut behind the radio or connect to the radio black wire for ground?

does it work to connect an ebay cheapo license plate camera to a tail light power source or is it better to connect the Switched 12V+ Blue/Black. i want to avoid reverse light because it turns on only when the car is in reverse.

many forums are not able to answer these questions. it makes me think these wires very challenging.

thanks.

pink wire:

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo28 ... inwire.jpg

1995-97 Nissan Maxima Stereo Wiring

Constant 12V+ Pink/Blue 

Switched 12V+ Blue/Black 

Ground Vehicle Chassis 

Illumination Red/Blue 

Dimmer Red/Orange 

Antenna Trigger Black/Red 

Antenna Right Rear 

Front Speakers 6 1/2" Doors

Left Front (+) Blue/White 

Left Front (-) Blue/Yellow 

Right Front (+) Brown 

Right Front (-) Brown/White 

Rear Speakers 6 1/2" Rear Deck

Left Rear (+) Red 

Left Rear (-) Green 

Right Rear (+) Blue 

Right Rear (-) Pink 

• 2 years later...

If you already have the Metra harness for your Maxima, then all wire connections should be color to color. The wiring info you posted for your Maxima is irrelevant. The parking brake wire is meant to be run to the parking brake obviously.... but if you're looking to bypass the video safety feature, you'll have to research the sequence of events it looks for in order to allow video. Sometimes simply grounding the wire is all it takes and other times it requires a ground/unground/ground sequence every time (impossible if you've just got them wired together). And do not connect the reverse wire to anything unless you're using a rear view camera.