AVIC411.com

Here I demo the Trapster app with the App Radio. As you know it is an unsupported app which means as far as Pioneer is concerned it does not work with the App Radio. It does require a jailbroken iDevice and the Cydia tweak App Radio Extensions. Please view the thread below on how to install App Radio Extensions. Also please donate to Mike Decaro, the developer of this wonderful addition to the App radio. capabilities. Enjoy the video.

App Radio Extensions thread: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/34188-appradio-extensions-20-beta-full-iphone-control/

Donate: mikedecaro.com

Here I demo the You Tube app with the App Radio. As you know it is an unsupported app which means as far as Pioneer is concerned it does not work with the App Radio. It does require a jailbroken iDevice and the Cydia tweak App Radio Extensions. Please view the thread below on how to install App Radio Extensions. Also please donate to Mike Decaro, the developer of this wonderful addition to the App radio. capabilities. Enjoy the video.

App Radio Extensions thread: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/34188-appradio-extensions-20-beta-full-iphone-control/

Here I demo the Radar Scope app with the App Radio. As you know it is an unsupported app which means as far as Pioneer is concerned it does not work with the App Radio. It does require a jailbroken iDevice and the Cydia tweak App Radio Extensions. Please view the thread below on how to install App Radio Extensions. Also please donate to Mike Decaro, the developer of this wonderful addition to the App radio. capabilities. Enjoy the video.

Here I demo the Netflix with the App Radio. As you know it is an unsupported app which means as far as Pioneer is concerned it does not work with the App Radio. It does require a jailbroken iDevice and the Cydia tweak App Radio Extensions. Please view the thread below on how to install App Radio Extensions. Also please donate to Mike Decaro, the developer of this wonderful addition to the App radio. capabilities. Enjoy the video.

Here I demo the Skyfire app with the App Radio. As you know it is an unsupported app which means as far as Pioneer is concerned it does not work with the App Radio. It does require a jailbroken iDevice and the Cydia tweak App Radio Extensions. Please view the thread below on how to install App Radio Extensions. Also please donate to Mike Decaro, the developer of this wonderful addition to the App radio. capabilities. Enjoy the video.

I have had issues with App extensions on initial install in the past. I have had to reinstall it a couple of times in the past to get it to work properly. Also try uninstalling the AR app and reinstalling it followed by AppEx. Also don't forget to completely restart your phone.

AppRadio App v2.2.00

Appradio Extensions Beta 10

The latest firmware from Pioneer on the radio (AppRadio 2)

Touch works fine on supported apps but I get the red X on anything nonsupported

I've uninstalled/reinstalled Extensions several times (and rebooted) but I'll try your suggestion of reinstalling the AR app too. Thanks!

I have had issues with App extensions on initial install in the past. I have had to reinstall it a couple of times in the past to get it to work properly. Also try uninstalling the AR app and reinstalling it followed by AppEx. Also don't forget to completely restart your phone.

So you never lose HU touch function on unsupported apps? Meaning even if u leave it untouched for a while?

No. At times when trying to go back to the app menu I have to reopen the AR app but other then that my system is almost flawless.

What are your AppRadioExtensions settings? I've had it installed in the past and never got it to work right but will try again.

Such as landscape lock, do you have this on? I'm assuming it makes sure all apps run in landscape mode. Also, do you have a bunch of unsupported apps show in the menu or just a few that you know work well? Not sure if there are problems with having too many apps "show in menu".

Lastly, for the Netflix app, I can do the same thing you did without extensions. However, am I right in thinking that if I do it through extensions I will get the entire screen filled (depending on the movie of course)? If I don't use extensions, there seems to be a little black bar that goes around the entire video, not just the top/bottom of certain videos.

In all honesty, it will be completely worth it to me just for Radarscope. Probably my favorite app in the App Store.

My radio would be complete if I could somehow get Spotify to work. The artist/song/etc metadata never gets transferred to the radio via bluetooth streaming and even if AppRadioExtensions worked for Spotify, the Spotify external video out doesn't do landscape. So you would have a tiny portrait of the Spotify app that would be hard to read.

I wish they hadn't removed the iPod source on the z150 and went to CarMediaPlayer. I've read some people (on other Pioneer radios) who were able to get metadata sent to the head unit from Spotify when they used the iPod source.