AVIC411.com

Touch screen stopped working!

My D3 was working great for 2 months until it just stopped responding to any touch screen input. I was on a call using the bluetooth adapter and during the call I went to the map to enter in the address of the guy I was talking to and the unit, all of a sudden, hung up the call. Next thing I knew, none of the on-screen buttons would work. I can use the buttons on the side so that helps get me some use out of it but cant clear screen for map or DVD and cant use Ipod functions which is frustrating. Even the remote cannot "OK" any of the screens or select areas of the screen.

I tried:

calibrating screen (odd note: it lets me select the 1/4 but I have to hit the 2/4 a few times and then its just flashes the 3rd and goes straight to the 4/4. Forget the 16 calibration, I cant even select the 1st one).

pinhole reset while car is on

pinhole reset while car is off

disconnected bluetooth adapter

reset bluetooth adapter

using remote

PLEASE HELP!!!

Ford Explorer '03

Avic-D3 (bypassed)

BT adapter (paired w/Curve and wife's treo 650)

CDi200 cable

6th gen ipod classic (no video though)

Funny - I've been having occasional lockups of the touchscreen. I found that hitting the menu key a few times seems to bring it back to life.

Do you have an ipod connected? I noticed that my 8 gig nano was jammed full, and the lockups always happened when I had the ipod playing. I did trim back installed music, and haven't seen any screen lockups since, but it's only been a couple of days.

• 2 weeks later...

Its fixed!! :D I sent it off to the nearest Pioneer repair facility (in Ohio). I had to ship it out there but they shipped it back on their dime. They only had it a couple days. They said they had realign the screen (from the inside). They didn't replace any parts or anything so that gives me hope if this happens again out of warranty. It was totally free. If you dont have a receipt then they go by the manufacture date on the unit. My was Aug 2007 so I was covered.