AVIC411.com

Avic d3 2007-8 Camry?

I have a corolla right now and I am getting the D3 installed in it shortly. I do want to purchase a 07-08 camry probably used and want to know if it will fit in the camry. What piece will I need to make it fit? Will it fi in general. Here is what the interior of the camry looks like. Please let me know if anyone ahs heard of putting a Avic d3 into a 07-08 camry.

http://image.automobilemag.com/f/auto_s ... r_view.jpg

Thats what the dash looks like with a stock system. Wondering if it would be possible to put the d3 in there. Heres what it looks like without.

http://image.automobilemag.com/f/auto_s ... r_view.jpg

I have an '07 Camry SE V6 and I put a D3 in it... I love it. I didn't bother with the JBL system when I got the car because I knew I would be upgrading the head unit... I am still using the stock (non-JBL) speakers and it sounds decent enough (it's got some good mid-bass but no thump at all). I'll replace the speakers eventually.

btw nice car, watch 8)

Yeah I have a 2007 Camry LE with the non jbl system. I bought the d3 unit from cruchfield.com and they provided instructions on how to remove the factory radio. They also provided a face plate and wiring harnesses to go in the factory. You can even retain the controls from the steering wheel using the PAC steering wheel control, cruchfield.com has a system in place that allows you to select your car and everything you buy has compatible or not compatible, the instructions wiring harness and face plates are all free. They do tend to charge a bit more though.

I love my toyota camry, I definetely would recommend it. It has won a ton of awards for a reason. Attention to detail, good quality and great customer service. I installed the D3 in a few hours, along with the blue tooth and XM radio add ons, even the ipod adapter.

One nice thing about the camry is that there is a ton of space available inside the center console, under the dash area. Everything lays nicely below and is all concealed with available connections to +12 by the lighter adapter, so you can splice into those.

Also the speed sensing wire is located in the factory harness, so no need to go fishing all over the car finding it.

I love the look of the new D3 in the camry, the fact my streering wheel controls are retained, the dash is clean now from the navigation system and xm xpress. I couldn't be happier. It sounds great too, considering the speakers are factory.

check out www.toyotanation.com for details on the camry, install tips and any problems or questions regarding getting one. It's like a cult group there everyone loves their toyota.

I love the D3, its a marvel of modern technology. No joke. 2 years ago you couldn't of imagined an all in one unit like that with touch screen, navigation and everything else.