AVIC411.com

Transferring Phonebook from Blackberry 8300

Assuming you have paired your phone:

1. Make sure your parking brake is engaged.

2. Make sure your phone is registered to the BTB-200

3. From your AVIC's phone screen hit MENU then FUNCTION. Third from the left on top row is PHONE BOOK TRANSFER. Register phone is there also if you have not done that.

It is very important to be at the Phone Book Transfer screen. At this point you will go into your BB's bluetooth menu, hit your option key with the Pioneer highlighted and if your Curve is anything like my wife's 8830WE there should be a phone book transfer option and should do the whole thing at once.

Once you are done you will have to pair the two together again.

Hope this all helps.

I have a BB 8310 Curve and I did all that but when I get to the transfer screen there is nothing there and it says not connected and then I look at my phone and for some reason the AVIC disconnects the bluetooth connection with my phone. Any ideas?

Believe it or not that is what is supposed to happen, not that the manual tells you that! When you are at that blank Phonebook Transfer screen, you need to go to your phone and initiate the transfer, there is nothing to do at the D3 other than to be on that screen even though it looks like everything is disconnected. Once you are done you will have to reconnect but if your phone is registered with the BTB (and it should be by this point) you can just do a direct connect. You are almost there!! Let us all know if you can do the whole phonebook at once.

MAN!!!!!!!!!! Why couldn't the manual say that. It transfered all 123 contacts perfectly. Now All i need to know is the voice dialing works but i have to hold the phone to see what it is doing becasue I don't hear anything coming out of my speackers like the beap that I'm supposed to wait for. Any ideas? But thanks so much for the help on the contacts thing.

YUP and it is kinda lame, you may even kick yourself. On your Phone screen you should see a soft button right under the VOICE button labeled 123/ABC. Push that button and in the upper right corner of the screen it should say NAME or NUMBER. It toggles between the two so get it to say NAME. Yet another thing not quite clear. Unfortunately the name is not very large when a call comes in, I mean, you would hope the name just fills the screen or would be somewhat like the iPhone.

BUT!!!! Here is the even dumber thing and everybody pay attention here.....

RINGTONE: That setting is entirely and only about whether THE DEFAULT AND ONLY RING SOUND THE D3 HAS is heard over the speaker. Turn it off and see what happens, the screen shows a call but no ring over the speakers. It has absolutely nothing to do with the ringtone you have set for specific people on your phone. I annoyed the hell out of my wife calling me over and over for testing that and she is not quite that impressed with my DOH! moment so I really hope this nugget of info helps people.