AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 on 2000 navigator... HELP!!!

apologize for posting this topic again... I just installed my AVIC-D3 on my navigator. I did all the modifications posted on this forum. my only problem is when i turned it on, theres no sounds coming out the speakers. anyone here with the same problem in their 2000 navigator? and also i dont know where to put the speed sensor. where to find it in my car? btw, im also having problem with D3 speaker out cuz its RCA.

PLEASE HELP!!!

thank you

speed sense is grey/black. if its not in the radio harness, go to the cruise control module on the drivers side fender

as for your speakers, are you using an amplifier?

no i dont... im using the factory setup. i dont know if my car have amplifier or not. i checked under the passenger seat and i didnt see any.

speed sense is grey/black. if its not in the radio harness, go to the cruise control module on the drivers side fender

as for your speakers, are you using an amplifier?

no i dont... im using the factory setup. i dont know if my car have amplifier or not. i checked under the passenger seat and i didnt see any.

Make sure that the remote wire to your factory amplifier is hooked up on your harness. In Ford Motor Company vehicles if you get the right aftermarket harness then it should have at least two factory amp wires on it. One for power and one for ground. Most people hook up that blue one during installation but not the amp ground. Now for the location.......it should be in the rear of the vehicle on the passenger side behind that panel where the factory sub is at but you should need to get to this unless you are intending to bypass. Hopes this helps

Make sure that the remote wire to your factory amplifier is hooked up on your harness. In Ford Motor Company vehicles if you get the right aftermarket harness then it should have at least two factory amp wires on it. One for power and one for ground. Most people hook up that blue one during installation but not the amp ground. Now for the location.......it should be in the rear of the vehicle on the passenger side behind that panel where the factory sub is at but you should need to get to this unless you are intending to bypass. Hopes this helps

i havent found it yet... but how hard to bypass the amp? do i need special harness to do that? btw, i checked my aftermarket harness and i only have ground wire for amp. i dont know if i have to connect that too and where...

if your not using an amp, then why would you be using the rca outputs from the avic. you should be using the speaker outputs. the only factory amp in that car is for the sub, which has nothing to do with the other speakers functionality

i dont know bout the amp yet... i havent found it yet. bout the RCA, i dont know what to do with that. should i just cut it so i can have the speaker wires?

you shouldn have to cut anything. your avic should have four sets of speaker leads coming from the main power harness. if you are not using an aftermarket amp, then those are the leads you should be conncting to the speaker wires in the car radio harness.

you shouldn have to cut anything. your avic should have four sets of speaker leads coming from the main power harness. if you are not using an aftermarket amp, then those are the leads you should be conncting to the speaker wires in the car radio harness.

should i connect the amp ground wire from the harness? and where should i connect it?