AVIC411.com

2013 Nissan Altima SV - Pioneer DMH-1770NEX - Backup camera issues

I recently installed the Pioneer DMH-1770NEX head unit in my car (replacing the oem 5" screen). I used the PAC - RP4-NI11 to retain the steering wheel controls, etc.

The issue I have is that the backup camera is not working reliably. It's really odd what's happening. When first installed, I started the car and put it into reverse and the camera feed came up looking good. However, if I turn the wheel, or put my foot on the gas, the camera feed cuts out.

Some research showed me that the backup camera is 6V on the 2013 altima, where the default voltage would be 12+. I contacted support and they told me I needed the "PAC-Audio - VOLT39". Which is a voltage regulator. I installed this in line with the current system, and it made no difference. The camera feed still comes up, and still seems to cut out when any load is created.

Has anyone else dealt with this? Am I missing anything that might be causing this to happen? I stopped short of breaking out my multimeter to confirm the output voltage of the feed was at that 6V.