AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z1 REVIEW / & Thx Ducatiboy

Hello everyone, I have been reading and reading and reading all the reviews about the z1, the good the bad and the not so understandable. I am no rocket scientist by far but would like to comment on the ease of installation and the remarkable performance of this system. I installed this on 7-15-06 and every option about this unit is simply awesome! The navi is dead on, blue tooth works 99% perfect,navitraffic great, ipod w/ nano is great also, Ducatiboys relay outstanding (Thanks ducatiboy) there are absolutely no problems whatsoever w/ the unit. Navigating and learning this model is just simple, spend an hour and you should know this system inside and out. Once again Ducatiboy I thank you for your technology!

Bambaman :lol:
I purchased it from [url=http://www.thecamerapros.com/prodetails.asp?prodid=31772]http://www.thecamerapros.com/prodetails ... odid=31772[/url]

I had it in 3 days and not a hitch, perfect condition!

purchased some extras after that and had the same perfect service.

My sug. is always call anywhere first to check in hand stock and ask them
IS IT IN STOCK!

Hope this helps.[/url]
I purchased a 3 year warranty w/ this unit through them. And I probably didn't need to because when you send a unit back to Pioneer they alway fix them anyway. Ive purchased electronics from Circuit City and when it ran out of store warranty they told me to send it to the manufacturer and I did and they fixed w/no questions. I can only say that I had a great exp. w/ these guys. This unit rocks!!!!!!
[quote name="BAMBAMAN"]I purchased a 3 year warranty w/ this unit through them. And I probably didn't need to because when you send a unit back to Pioneer they alway fix them anyway. Ive purchased electronics from Circuit City and when it ran out of store warranty they told me to send it to the manufacturer and I did and they fixed w/no questions. I can only say that I had a great exp. w/ these guys. This unit rocks!!!!!![/quote]

You may be disappointed....I'm betting Pioneer won't honor their warranty where you purchased it from. It they aren't an authorized Pioneer dealer, they won't warranty it. Someone here has already been through that...
[quote name="03Aviator"] [quote name="BAMBAMAN"]I purchased a 3 year warranty w/ this unit through them. And I probably didn't need to because when you send a unit back to Pioneer they alway fix them anyway. Ive purchased electronics from Circuit City and when it ran out of store warranty they told me to send it to the manufacturer and I did and they fixed w/no questions. I can only say that I had a great exp. w/ these guys. This unit rocks!!!!!![/quote]

You may be disappointed....I'm betting Pioneer won't honor their warranty where you purchased it from. It they aren't an authorized Pioneer dealer, they won't warranty it. Someone here has already been through that...[/quote]

Not true, if it comes with a warranty card, and you've registered it, they (pioneer) have to honor it, regardless of where you bought it.
I've been hearing a lot of you guys talk about Pioneer not honoring the warantee. I bought the extended 4 year warantee and when I got it I realized it was NOT from Pioneer. In fact, it is an outsourced "insurance" company. They "insure" the unit free of defects for the purchased amount of time. If the unit ever needs service when out of the "factory" warantee, you take it to an "authorized" repair shop (best buy and circuit city were on the list) and if it needs to be sent to Pioneer, the "insurance" company will pay the fee.

This means it doesn't matter WHERE you buy it, just that you buy the warantee.

Same thing when I got my PSP. I bought an extra year of warantee that is outsourced to an "insurance" company.
There is nothing wrong with most extended warranty companies (as long as they are authorized), I surely wouldn't take any high-end equipment to BBuy or CCity (they probably ship it out to fix anyway). I have an authorized repair company near me and they are fantastic. We use them for all of our cctv equipment. They were on the extended warranty list of companies that were authorized - so, for piece of mind, I bought a 5 year. :D I'll probably sell the truck b4 I use it.