AVIC411.com

GPS connector questions

I like this one because it closely resembles a factory GM antenna, and it will allow me to consolidate my GPS and cell phone antennas into one. I really want to lose the glass mounted cell antenna and the GPS one stuck on the trunk lid. Plus, should I ever decide to run a car PC, it's got a lead for WiFi too.

I have a one year old SonyEricsson W810i with the advanced in car kit. The kit has a cradle that holds and charges the phone. The cradle also has an opening to attach an external antenna lead for the best reception (and trust me, it really does work). Plus when wired properly, it mutes the AVIC-D1 when a call comes in, or is made. I like it better than bluetooth.

Well go figure that Pioneers "tech support" would be a bust. Started out on hold for 10 minutes last night, only to be asked if I could hold again after I asked my question. Guess what? She dumped me right back into the call queue only because they had just closed for the night. I called back today only to be told that they have nothing documented as to what type of connector the antenna has. Surely somewhere someone knows :!: