AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 (bypass issue - tempermental)

Hey guys, I bought an AVIC-Z2 and I have an 06 RSX. The unit was MFG in Oct 2007.

I had the AVIC installed and the bypass was done - but the issue I'm having is that when Im watching dvds in motion, it works for about 10 mins then it gives me the improperly connected error.

I've found a mini solution - the way I have to get it ti work is to press the tiny reset button, next to the eject button. When the unit restarts it begins to work again for 15 mins then same thing.

I did the update - but it said that I already had it. Anyone have any solutions?

That's what I thought it would be too, because I searched and noticed that that's the only thing you keep saying when someone has an issue with the bypass.

I did pull it out and check, but the thing is - why would it correct itself when I reset the unit via the button next to the eject. Even while Im driving, I'll reset it and bam it works.

It resets itself, as the unit is aware that the car is in motion (via vss or gps signal) it will give you a bad parking brake connection. You should make sure that the pin that was moved or added to the harness is secure in the harness and the parking (green) cable is properly grounded together. You can connect them both to the black ground cable of the power harness.

Thats because you are one of hundreds that have had the same problem, and its always because they got sloppy while doing the bypass

It works when you reset it because it takes time for the deck to recalibrate each time you reset it. While calibrating, it doesn't use the gyro to kill video in motion. When it calibrates, it does and thats what kills your movie

That's what I thought it would be too, because I searched and noticed that that's the only thing you keep saying when someone has an issue with the bypass.

I did pull it out and check, but the thing is - why would it correct itself when I reset the unit via the button next to the eject. Even while Im driving, I'll reset it and bam it works.