AVIC411.com

AVIC-MRZ007 Test mode HELP

Hi Everyone,

Apologies in advance if the posting is in the incorrect place.

I recently Imported a JDM Landcruiser to Canada and the car comes with a Pioneer Carrozzeria AVIC-MRZ007 (picture for reference). The unit is obviously a Japan-Only product and hence it only comes with a japanese UI. Searching the web I found a procedure to change the language file in test mode on the MRZ07/09.  However, applying this procedure the MRZ-007 seems different as accessing TestMode requires pressing a Righ and Left Track botton which the MRZ007 does not come with.

I tried contacting Pioneer Japan for help but they just kind of shooed me off saying they will not allow me to access the test/service mode.

Can somebody who has experience with this unit guide me in the right direction please? 

I would prefer to just keep the head unit and use it as is rather than replace it with another.

Any help would be incredibly appreciated.

b344269596.1.jpg

I have no experience with this unit or the process to convert to another language.  However I assume that TestMode must be triggered by hard buttons since it must be able to get into Testmode while/before the unit boots. So - did you try pressing - and + while booting? I don't know about those other hard buttons since I don't recognize the symbols.

If that doesn't work, I'm sorry I have no other ideas. Sooner or later someone who has done this will see your question and give a definitive answer.

• 1 month later...