AVIC411.com

not pioneer but I have a ?

I know this site is mostly for pioneer nav systems but I realize there's alot of smart installers here also so here's my question. has anyone installed a remote start on a 2008 Saab 9-7x? I am installing one in a friends 9-7x and using the bypasskits module xk01 origrammed to the amdl6. it all works, locks. unlocks, a/da of factory alarm, starts fine but the problem is that when the vehicle is remote started the factory alarm/ vehicle lock indicator on the inst cluster comes on and stays on even afer disarm & unlocking the vehicle and inserting the factory key. this seems to have something to do with the passkey 3 system because if I remote start with the rs fob and have the factory key near the ign switch the light does go off as it should. normally with passkey 3 systems if the bcm does not get the proper signal from the key the vehicle will not crank or start and this vehicle does start and run with the module plugged into the dlc and if I unplug the module and try to remote start I don't get any crank which is how I would expect it to work. sorry for being long winded here but needed to give details in order to hope for any input from anyone. thanks in advance for any help

i did one the other day with that same bypass. it worked fine other than that light coming on. but on mine the light went out as soon as i put the key in the ignition. if its not going out once you insert the key, then you either have the bypass programmed wrong or your not energizing all wires in the proper order.

i did one the other day with that same bypass. it worked fine other than that light coming on. but on mine the light went out as soon as i put the key in the ignition. if its not going out once you insert the key, then you either have the bypass programmed wrong or your not energizing all wires in the proper order.

when I do remote start, if I put the key in the ign within say 'bout 1-2 minutes the light the light does go out however if I wait longer and then put the key in the light stays on. if I either cancel the remote start either by pressing the brake or by the fob and then restart the vehicle with the ign key the light comes on at start up then goes out the way it should normally.

for programming I used platform 1 and then in mode I programmed for priority door unlock.

for wiring I had:

ign 1- pink

ign 2- white

ign 3- yellow

acc - orange

starter- yellow

I did not do the relay to the brown for the window roll up.

for the 3rd ign I used a fused relay to constant 12v and used the ground when running to trigger the relay. thinking there could be aslight delay in power up to ign 3 I swapped it with the remote start ign 2 as a test and it performed the same.with the test being the same I put it back to my original wiring. :?

ps the remote unit is a ultra start 1270

thanks again for any thoughts on this.

ok, there is no third ignition on that vehicle. so i would start by disconnecting that wire first

thanks I'll go disconnect that real quick and see what happens. when I was testing the ign switch I noticed that there were 2 yellows

1 for starter and the other had 12 volts even when in crank and did not drop out like the brown/ radio acc wire does so I fiqured it needed to be powered up similar to the need of the white being powered up for trans circuit.

be back to let yu know. thanks again

ok, there is no third ignition on that vehicle. so i would start by disconnecting that wire first

thanks I'll go disconnect that real quick and see what happens. when I was testing the ign switch I noticed that there were 2 yellows

1 for starter and the other had 12 volts even when in crank and did not drop out like the brown/ radio acc wire does so I fiqured it needed to be powered up similar to the need of the white being powered up for trans circuit.

be back to let yu know. thanks again

ok well I disconnected the yellow power, triggered the rs and the light stayed on. I inserted the key and it went out same as before so thinking YEAH alwright now, I started it up by rs again let it run for 5 min then went out back out and the light was on, inserted the key and the light stayed on, I tried leaving the key in the run position and tapped the brake to cancel the remote start circuit, the light stayed on.

I shut the vehicle down and started it with the key, the light comes on with all other indicators and then goes out with all other indicator lights.

curious about the one you did wherethe light did go out, how long could you wait before putting the key in and still have the light go out?

thanks for your time and help.

The bypass may not be compatible with the 08 yet. Have you tried using a key in the box for now. Odds are they'll release new firmware down the line to allow the passkey III to work properly on the 08

I'll have to give their techs a call to check it out. seem the passkey 3 signal is working because the vehicle does start and on most the pk3 systems I have worked on in the past if the signal wasn't correct or the ant ring not positioned right the car would power up but have no crank. maybe theres 2 signals or posibly a longer signal. I'll get back tomorrow and let you guys know what I find out. I was trying to keep from having to use the key in the box method, that key is $125 cause the factory keyless entry is on it also. thanks again guys

I talked to the tech at bypasskits yesterday and after a few try this and try that we came up with the conclusion that the 2008 saab 9-7x has a different factory security system and that they do not plan on a firmware update on this vehicle as of now. this xk01 works on the 2006-07 just fine but something has changed in 08. we ended up with 3 fixes:

1) to use the xk01 and program it for platform #4 instead of #1. what happened here is that the rs system works fine and locks/ unlocks the doors etc, however the factory security does not arm up unless the door lock switch is pressed while the door is open while exiting the vehicle or by pressing the factory key fob on the key. the rs fob will unlock and disarm the system properly.

2) use a spare key in a transponder bypass box. problem is the cost of that key is $182 ( $50) to program and can only be done thru the scantool. OUCH

3) use a single button rs with no keyless and use the factory fob for lock/unlock.

my friend was given the rs for xmas and it would be a hassle to try to get it exchange for a single button so we went with option #1 because he usually locks the door with the switch any way while exiting the vehicle.

sorry I know this is a rs issue and not navi but after all I've been thru I thought I would pass on the info, it may help someone else

thanks for the help that was offered by you misfit & cntrylvr79

oh P.S. on the 2008 there is the 3rd ign (yellow) and also the brown acc wire needs to be powered up also. if not there will be a message in the dic to check the stabiltrack system.