AVIC411.com

Head rest DVD Screens

Here is a stupid question::: I am about to go out and purchase some headrest LCD's for the back of my truck for DVD video for my kid. The question that is probably going to seem stupid is: If I am pushing a DVD to the back screens, can I listen to my other audio sources through the speakers? Do these screens generally support wireless headsets that will allow my son to listen/Watch DVD, while I listen to whatever I want? Or is the wireless headset capability through the Z1?

-Steve
Generally the wireless headsets come with a rf box that you pipe your audio signal to, the headset pics up that frequency. Vizualogic makes packages that includes everything you need rather than trying to piece the thing together on your own.

As for pushing a video signal to the rear while listening to something else up front off the z1 solely - I don't know the answer. I have a stand alone dvd in the rear, if my passengers don't like what I'm listening to or watching, they can load up their own movie and slip on the headphones.
[quote name="StevenRapp"]Here is a stupid question::: I am about to go out and purchase some headrest LCD's for the back of my truck for DVD video for my kid. The question that is probably going to seem stupid is: If I am pushing a DVD to the back screens, can I listen to my other audio sources through the speakers? Do these screens generally support wireless headsets that will allow my son to listen/Watch DVD, while I listen to whatever I want? Or is the wireless headset capability through the Z1?

-Steve[/quote]

Steve,

On this forum there is no stupid question. The Z1 is a dual zone player, which means yes you can listen to music while your kids watch a DVD in the rear of the vehicle. Some screens come with wireless headsets while and some do not. The ones that do not you will have to install a transmitter to transmit the signal to the wireless headsets. So when you go and get the monitors that you want make sure that they come with the wireless headsets. Also, the answer your last question it is no. I hope this helps you.

Navyguy
John
Don't some screens come with headphone jacks? Why go wireless if the kid can just plug a headset into the jack and listen to the video? The distance between the front head rest and the back seat is not great enough to really be exploring wireless. Wireless makes more sense when dealing with a dropdown monitor from the ceiling of an SUB or MiniVan.