AVIC411.com

Bose amp or not to Bose amp...that is the question!!!

HELP! I went to order the GMOS-LAN-01 kit for the AVIC-Z1 Navigation unit for my '07 Avalanche, and the guy on the phone asked me if I have a Bose system in the truck. I told him I don't think so (cause I wasn't sure). He asked if I had bench or bucket seats, I told him Bench seats. He said Okay, then you don't have a Bose system. He then asked if I had a factory amp. Now I was really confused. I said "huh"?... He said "I guess you don't know". I said "you're right". He told me to find out if I had a factory amp, because there are two different types of GMOS LAN kit and he don't want to sell me the wrong one. So here's where you guys come in....Does anyone know what the heck he was talking about? And do I or don't I have that amp that he asked me about? Thanx!!!
with a bose system in a gm vehicle there should be some type of bose badging some where in the vehicle. If not, you can call your local dealership and give them your vin # and they can tell you what your vehicle was equiped with. are you looking at the soundgate, metra, pie, or pac pieces.

there are two things that matter with your vehicle. amplified or non and onstar. those are what matter.