AVIC411.com

D3 and DSP

Well Im new to the site and had some questions that hopefully you guys can help me with.

For my system I have the D3 with a video amp going to two headrest monitors and a full JBL GT series front n rear components with a 12" sub and matching amps to power it all.

My issue is this, most of the Media I play is good SQ but certain CDs sound hollow.

Before I installed the D3 I would play certain CDs from iTunes and the depth of sound was fine (just like the download) but with the D3 the CD sounds hollow. This is with no tuning or EQ, I go to the Computer or turntables and it sounds better so why does the D3 make it sound worse?

Does the D3 have a good enough sound and signal processor?

To rectify the situation I am looking at the Pioneer DEQ-P9 Digital Sound Processor to fill in the gaps I guess you can say.

Does anyone have these issues?

Well Im new to the site and had some questions that hopefully you guys can help me with.

For my system I have the D3 with a video amp going to two headrest monitors and a full JBL GT series front n rear components with a 12" sub and matching amps to power it all.

My issue is this, most of the Media I play is good SQ but certain CDs sound hollow.

Before I installed the D3 I would play certain CDs from iTunes and the depth of sound was fine (just like the download) but with the D3 the CD sounds hollow. This is with no tuning or EQ, I go to the Computer or turntables and it sounds better so why does the D3 make it sound worse?

Does the D3 have a good enough sound and signal processor?

To rectify the situation I am looking at the Pioneer DEQ-P9 Digital Sound Processor to fill in the gaps I guess you can say.

Does anyone have these issues?

Try playing around with the internal EQ and cross-over. Try turning on EQ-EX!