AVIC411.com

Pioneer CDRB-20: Powered ?

Does the Pioneer CDRB-20 Aux input Adapter require power or is it simple an IP pass-through unit ? I've seen two differebt pictures online and some show a power cable while some don't.

If it is powered, is this something that is easily installed or, being car radio installation retarded, should I get a "pro" to do it ?
Simple pass through. Easy install

[quote name="cable guy"]Does the Pioneer CDRB-20 Aux input Adapter require power or is it simple an IP pass-through unit ? I've seen two differebt pictures online and some show a power cable while some don't.

If it is powered, is this something that is easily installed or, being car radio installation retarded, should I get a "pro" to do it ?[/quote]
Great. One more question.
I have an XM tuner (GEX-P10XMT) currently installed. I've read that if you use the CDRB-20 along with the GEX unit that you will hear the audio from both the XM and the AUX input at the same time. Is this true ?
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="jimmy303"]The CD-RB20 does require power and ground connections to work properly. It has a pass-through P-Bus connection and 1 set of RCA connectors.[/quote]

No it dosn't. It's only connections are IP Bus and L&R Audio in. There are no power connections.
Really? I installed one in a RV not too long ago and it did not have any power connections. Maybe they changed the design recently?

EDIT: oh... my bad, I was thinking of the CDRB10.
[img]http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2001/130/l130cdrb10_DG.jpeg[/img]