AVIC411.com

GPS lose signal

Hi guys,

I've had my avic-n1 for a year now and although it's always performed flawlessly, I've recently had some GPS signaling issues. Basically, when I start the car, the Navi does not pick up a signal so in the first few mins of driving, I am not on the "grid".... but it shows that I am driving through some golf course, lol. Could it be that I'm in an area that naturally doesn't get a strong signal? Because it's only after 5 mins of driving it seems to be ok... but still annoying nonetheless

And also, when I am using the navi and I get off the highway to take some kind of u-turn, the arrow on screen almost doesn't keep up with my car, and I lose signal again because it shows me driving on another highway

To sum it up, I lose signal very easily these days and it's really frustrating b/c if I am relying on the navi for guidance, it will occasionally recalculate directions when it's not necessary b/c I was on the correct road, but it no longer realizes that.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...