AVIC411.com

FIXED!! Speakers cutting out whenever I hit a bump

About a month ago both my left speakers in my 02 Ford Expl sport, started cutting out whenever I'd hit a bump. The volume would either go real low or they'd cut out all together. Then a week ago, my right speakers started doing the same thing. I've had the Z1 in over a year now, so I tried to take it back to the professional shop that installed it, but they had a month waiting list, so I managed to get into best buy and asked them to troubleshoot it. They said the voice coils were going on the stock speakers so I should replace them. I did (yeh yeh I know, but who doesn't want new speakers), and the problem was fixed for a whole 2 days, but now it's back. I've asked around and searched this web site and I think it might be a loose ground. All I have is the z1 with 4 50w Pioneer speakers, no amp, just the two XM modules. I've removed the stereo, checked all the connections, yanked on all the wires I could reach, trying to replicate the problem in my garage, (to include jumping up and down on the rear bumper) but no luck. Does anyone have any other ideas, or can you tell me how to find the ground wire for the stereo.

Thanx!!!

When I was putting my radio back in my truck I noticed a bare wire way in the back. I traced it because it was black and noticed that the tape that was wrapped around it had slid down and exposed a 2" section of wire. It was also laying up against one of the metal braces for the radio. So I moved it away and WA-LA!! The radio sounds better than it has in long time! I taped it up and drove it around some and so far so good!

I've noticed some others have had the same problem with their speakers. I hope this helps!!! It took me 3 times of looking to actually find the bare wire due to the rats nest behind the stereo.