AVIC411.com

Avic Z2 w/ 3 Horizontal Lines on Screen...

I am located in Atlanta, GA.

We had two days of 12 to 18 degree weather.

I noticed at noon today... now in the 30s that I have 3 horizontal lines going across my LCD screen. It looks like the Z2 booted up correctly and I can here my radio. I just can't see anything.

Note: After about a 30 minute drive, my screen suddenly displayed.

Question? Is this something I need to worry about?

Thanks,

Keith

Follow up...

After reading the reply above...

I just shrugged this off as the norm, it's cold. The screen will come back on when it warms up. Ok, sounds logical.

Today, being 36 degree's...

I had the same problem again.

Not the 12 or 18 degrees we had previously.

Being Curious...

I turned up the heat, to the point where I had a bead of sweat, and no display. I call Pionneer, and they told me this should not happen. Bring it back to the place of purchase.

I called the dealer where I had the unit installed, and since the unit was just purchased in December, they are going to swap it out at no charge. When I made my initial purchase I was concerned about the HD going out, didn't think about the LCD. The dealer tells me since I purchased the extended agreement they are just going to give me a new z2. I was curious and asked what would have happened if I had not, they said they would have to send it back for repair, and I would have a hole in my dash until they got it back. I was sure glad I paid the extra money for the extended warranty.

Now what I forgot to ask, and I guess I will find out this Saturday when I go in for the replacement. Are they going to pull the HD out the old unit and stick it in the new one, or do I have to load all those CD's again?

Final Follow up to my problem.

My Z2 is fixed...

At the suggestion of Pioneer, I downloaded the Video Lock-up fix from there website, and burned a CD-R.

I followed the instructions, and loaded the firmware, and have not had a problem since. Although I started experiencing the problem during extreamly cold weather, it must have been just a coincidence and had nothing to do with the real problem.

Since I applied the fix, its been working great, and we have had a few days of cold weather for me to convince my self.

A side note... they told me they stopped making the Z2 months ago.

So the only units available are in the distribution chain.

They have been making the Z3 since late December.

I haven't seen a picture of one yet, but its clear it exists.

Thanks all who replied...