AVIC411.com

Speed sensor wire and Bypass and more

I have posted a couple of things on the forum about not getting the bypass to work. I have a couple of things I want to run by everyone to help me fix my problem. Starting off. I have audio but no video on DVD. No I can't midify route on GPS when in motion. I went down to the local stereo store and they told me that I needed to hook up my speed sensor and intall an on off switch along with moving the pin, grounding it out and then grounding out the parking brake wire. Is this BS.

I also have gone into the vechile dynositics menu that tells you what is hooked up. Should the Speed senor say 1. I am not sure I hooked up the right wire.

It also says that my parking brake is off. Should it say On if bypass in done correctly? I drive a 2006 Chevy Silverado with the 5.3 liter engine.

Also I notice an intial menu comes up on the AV screen when I first plug in unit. It as a mute button. Do I mess with this at all?

Getting back to the dynostics menu. When I turn it on I get a beeping noise and the speed sensor goes from 1 to a quick blip 0 and back to 1 again. Is this Normal. I apperiate any help because I am stuck. Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have checked the pin and it is moved on spot up from stock

First, you don't need a switch.

Second. When you are in that connection status screen with the speed sensor reading...When you are driving, does the beep change in frequency? If it doesn't, you tapped the wrong wire

Third. It sounds like you did the bypass wrong. Double check that when you moved the pin, it clicked in all the way and is making contact. Also double check that you made a solid connection to ground with that wire and the light green parking brake wire. If any one of those is loose, its not gonna work